Personal Childhood Web

Personal Childhood Web
Family Photo

Friday, August 17, 2012

Inspirational Quotes for Educational Success

The following quotes inspire me to be both an advocate and educator for all children.      

“The child is both a hope and a promise for mankind”
“Plainly, the environment must be a living one, directed by a higher intelligence, arranged by an adult who is prepared for his mission.”
“All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.”   Maria Montessori

“The principle goal of education in the schools should be creating men and women who are capable of doing new things, not simply repeating what other generations have done.”    Jean Piaget


“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.”   Martin Luther King, Jr.

Herbert Hoover
"Children are our most valuable resource." 

Nelson Mandela
"There can be no keener revelation of a society's soul than the way in which it treats its children."
Princess Diana
"Hugs can do great amounts of good, especially for children."
Wess Stafford
"Every child you encounter is a divine appointment."
John W. Whitehead
"Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see."
Sir Winston Churchill
"The price of greatness is responsibility."

References












5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Linda, I truly loved the quotes in which you have chosen .AL thought all of the quotes are of great meaning, I especially like Jean Piaget theories, I am true believer of one dancing to his or her own drummer. I also love the quote of Maria Montessori; I believe that how we handle our most valuable resources is how well those resources will return in their profi thank-you for those quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda,
    I want to also thank you for your support and thoughtfulness. I have read all of your responses to my blog, some I have replied back and some I have not. I really want you to know the although I have not replied directly to you all of your responses please believe me the mentally I have taken in your response and your responses have made a different in how I view certain things, I especially appreciate your responses to the situation in which my friend and I encounter with those thoughtless gym teachers. You made me feel that you had empathy, Once I read your blog I realized that you too had had a similar situation happen to you in your growing up years, I also read where a love one was very ill, I tried to learn more by reading some of your post to the contact instructor, I just want you to know that you and your family have my prays from that moment on take care… A (I hope) friend… Anita L. Coles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to say thank you for responding to my blog posts. I hope you continue to accomplish your dreams in the Early Childhood field. Hope we meet again.
    Best wishes,
    Janet

    "Children make you want to start life over"
    Mohammed Ali

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quotes! I love the quote "The child is both a hope and a promise to mankind." This is the way we should look at every child.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda,
    Thank you for the valuable information, resources, and personal experiences you shared with us. You discussed topics that really are important in the development of children. From the beginning of this course to the last week, you offer wisdom and encouragement. The quotes you posted are inspirational and really express the value of children. Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete